Research & Information Services
Have you ever noticed those people sitting at the desk with the sign over it that reads “Research & Information Services”? Have you ever noticed that sign? Have you ever wondered why those people are sitting there? Well, the people sitting at the Research & Information Services desk are faculty librarians and they can help with a lot more than just selling you a scantron, of course we’re happy to do that too!
Librarians are research specialists that can assist you with many things including:
- Finding print and electronic resources using the library catalog
- Locating print resources in the library using the Library of Congress Call number
- Accessing and locating articles using the library’s research databases (on or off campus!)
- Developing a search strategy to quickly get you to the best results
- Scheduling a one-on-one research instruction meeting in a specific subject area
- Coordinating with faculty to develop class specific instruction session
Maybe most importantly, know that you can always Ask a Librarian, whether in person, by chat, email, or phone. We’ll do our best to find the answer to your question.